COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL COACHING (CBC)
WHAT IS COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL COACHING (CBC)?
Cognitive Behavioural Coaching (CBC) is a model that involves directing, teaching and training a person with the aim of helping them achieve their desired goals and outcomes in life.
Sometimes we can lose sight of our goals and end up “drifting” or “floating” through life. This can leave us feeling unsatisfied, unfulfilled and unhappy. CBC is an approach that will focus specifically on the aspects of your life you would like to change and then consequently setting goals to get you back on the right track.
CBC is focused on moving your life forward – it allows you to examine where you are right now and gain a very clear picture of where you want to be in the future. The role of your coach is to help you identify emotional, psychological and behavioural barriers, obstacles and limiting factors in achieving your goals – then working with you to develop strategies, motivation, drive and determination to overcome them.
CBC therefore is NOT therapy. The key difference between coaching and therapy is that the latter focuses on your past events and circumstances; and seeks to resolve deeper underlying issues. CBC is rather focused on the “here and now”; it helps to identify any emotional, psychological and behavioural factors that may limit you in achieving your goals; and then develops both short and long term strategies to overcome them. It is directive and future orientated.
It is possible for someone who has deeper underlying issues to experience success within a coaching context even if the underlying issues are not resolved. If however the client becomes “stuck” and the coaching programme is not achieving the desired results, then a psychological or therapeutic intervention may be necessary for the client to move forward and achieve their goals.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL COACHING (CBC)?
People from a diverse range of backgrounds use CBC to help improve various areas of their lives such as family and friends; relationships; business; career / job; sports; health; and finance.
COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL COACHING CAN HELP YOU TO:
- Create positive new habits and break old destructive patterns.
- Lose weight and get into shape.
- Learn new skills to help move forward in life.
- Build confidence.
- Consider a career change.
- Overcome fears in achieving their goals.
- Develop a better work and life balance.
- Develop stress management skills.
- Increase happiness within a relationship / marriage.
- Increase motivation and drive in life.
- Develop skills and strategies to help you cope when returning back to workplace after an extended absence.
WHAT RESULTS CAN YOU EXPECT?
Cognitive Behavioural Coaching can benefit you in a range of ways such as:
- Improved health.
- Increased productivity at home / work.
- Keeping emotions on an even keel.
- Be more content in life.
- Improve sleep patterns.
- Increase energy levels.
- Feel calmer.
- Improved personal or professional relationships.
- Being assertive.
- Improved self-esteem / confidence.
MY APPROACH TO COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL COACHING
I use a structured, directive and goal orientated approach to:
- Identify what aspects of your life you want to change.
- Set clear, realistic and attainable goals.
- Help you ascertain, become aware and understand the barriers to your life goals.
- Develop effective skills and strategies to successfully achieve your life goals.
- Improve sleep patterns.
- Increase energy levels
CBC is a proactive approach that requires you to examine your thoughts and behaviours. This in turn will help you identify effective solutions to help and support you in achieving your goals.
For further information regarding Cognitive Behavioural Coaching contact me.